Monday, July 22, 2013

Sunday Funday

Sunday was my last day on Lake Como! I was sad to leave, but made the most of my time left there. I got up around 7:30, mostly because my room was so hot, and had breakfast. I left for a bit and took a walk around Menaggio. 
When I came back, everyone was deciding what to do with their days and I realized I just wanted to sit on the beach. From 9:30-1:45, my biggest concern was making sure I alternated between tanning my front and back equally. It was pretty hot out so every 20 minutes or so, I would go for a swim. Around noon, three people from the Netherlands came down. One of them played guitar and the other two sang. It was so awesome! They were playing a ton of songs that I recognized, too. I asked the guitarist if he knew who Dave Matthews was and if he knew how to play any of his songs. He of course knew him but said he was really hard to play. His band played 'Shake Me Like a Monkey' for a show and had to practice a ton. He said their drummer really never could master it. 
I went back to the hostel after that and got ready. At 2:30, a few of us caught a bus into the town of Como. It took an hour, so in the time we had until our train left, we went to a gelato place that was recommended. It was so good! I had such a massive portion for only 2.50€. We took the scenic route back and found a park with fountains for kids and misting stations. 
Sarah and I
The train ride went quickly and we were back at the apartment by 7. For dinner, I made potatoes, zucchini, and eggplant. The final week in Milan is here! I can't believe it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment