Saturday, July 20, 2013

Catching Up!

I've been slacking lately! I'm in Lake Como currently but here's a recap of what's happened in each of the past two days. On Thursday, we had class from 1-3:30 (only 2 more!). I did some laundry in the sink before meeting up with the whole group for pizza and a movie! Our professor bought our pizza and drinks as we enjoyed the show. I had a lazy night afterward, consisting of sitting on the balcony, enjoying the perfect temperature. 
Friday began at a brisk 6AM. We needed to all be at the train station by 7:45 in order to catch our ride to Lake Como! It only took about 45 minutes. We walked through the town of Como for a little bit on our way to the metro boat. It took a little over two hours to reach Menaggio, but it was a beautiful one at that! Here are some pictures from the ride:
Once we touched down on land, we walked about 5 minutes to our hostel. It has a perfect view of the lake. So beautiful. At this point, were dying of hunger so a few of us went to a sandwich shop. Here is the view from our table:
We wandered into a gelato shop after. I got one of the best flavors I've had so far. 'Cookie' had bits of cookie in it and was so creamy. A little later, we went to the beach that's just by our hostel. I promptly fell asleep to the sound of the crashing waves. I'm working on getting a nice tan while I'm here. At 8, we met back as a group for dinner (all of our breakfasts and dinners are paid for while we're here). We feasted on delicious Ragù and bread. The hostel was really excited to have university students to liven up the place. After dinner, we had a fooseball tournament (Aaron and I were creamed) and a beer pong tournament! Sarah and I are in the finals to be played Saturday evening. A liter of wine is on the table. There was quite a mess during the end of the tournament that was the result of hammered locals at the bar here. For anyone who's interested, I'll fill you in later. I don't think I could do it justice right now. 
Found on our walk today

No comments:

Post a Comment